Pages

Saturday, April 18, 2009

This Boy's Life

Just received the May 2009 issue of Boys' Life with my story -- "David's Wishes."

I wrote the piece almost 5 years ago, shortly after "Bad Luck Bob," which was published by Boys' Life in February 2005 My original editor rejected the "David" story, but after he left the magazine, I resubmitted to the new editor and made the sale last year. (Advice to everyone: Keep submitting. You never know when you'll get a bite.)

So now both my boys, Bob and David, have a published story with their names featured prominently in the title. The stories were written back when they were in elementary school -- a million years ago in kid time.

Reading the two pieces, I get a twinge of nostalgia for those days, pre-puberty with its attendant leg hair, growth spurts, deep voices and scraggly facial hair.




No comments: