Monday, November 3, 2008

Caption Contest -- VOTE!

I was very pleased with the response I got to the EEK! caption contest.

Thanks to all who participated.





Here are some stats:


65 terrifically twisted individuals submitted captions (I didn’t even know 65 people read EEK!)

94 total captions were submitted.


Lots of good stuff. Made picking the top 5 very tough.

But I put on my cruel editor’s cap and slashed the 94 down to 5.

Here they are, in no particular order:

1. "Wait wait wait wait. YOU'RE giving me crap about MY fashion sense?!"

2. "Let me guess, you're from Transylvania."

3. "I think we'll just stick to the Handshake of Death."


4. "Nice try, Butch, but you're still coming with me."

5. "What would you suggest for someone with my complexion?"

What you need to do:


Please vote for your favorite caption – only ONE!—by leaving a comment with the caption number. The caption with the most comments wins! (Strictly popular vote. No bogus Electoral College here!)

You can vote till Midnight Thursday November 6. I’ll tabulate the votes and announce the winner on Friday November 7.

As mentioned earlier, the winner will receive the original art and their strip will be published next week at GoComics.

A parting shot: Please vote only once. Voter fraud is so 2004.

Have at it!

24 comments:

Gustavo said...

#3

Valerie said...

I think #1 is hysterical!

apoligon said...

#4

Jeff B. said...

I like #4.

Anonymous said...

#3

Anonymous said...

# 2. It's one I thought of myself.

Anonymous said...

I'd said Rocco, but names don't matter, #4 is the thought that counts.

Anonymous said...

#2

Anonymous said...

4

Megan said...

#2 :)

Anonymous said...

#4

Anonymous said...

I vote for caption #4.

richardcthompson said...

#3! #3! #3!

Anonymous said...

#3

Anonymous said...

#4!

Allen's Brain said...

2 is definitely funnier than mine (which is one of the others up there.)

Anonymous said...

#3

Anonymous said...

#4

thevenbede said...

I like number 4, it has that certain je ne sais quoi

Anonymous said...

3

blackguy2732 said...

Definitely #4

northofantastic said...

I'm going for #4.

romana said...

#4. Funny and the only one that makes sense to someone who's sleep-deprived.

Anonymous said...

A week after I the contest ends and I finally come up with
"You look like death warmed over... and I know death"

or treading too close to WWE land... a simple "Damn!"