Friday, November 7, 2008

And the Winner is...

Caption #4 --
"Nice try, Butch, but you're still coming with me."

submitted by Denese Young.

Congratulations, Denese! Are you quivering with delight? The strip will run next week on GoComics and Denese will receive the original art.

Now here's where it gets complicated, and this is completely my fault. Another entrant, Steve Merchant, submitted a caption that was similar to Denese's (the main difference was the character's name, Rocco instead of Butch). I liked the Butch version a bit better, so I made it a finalist. To be fair, both entrants should be winners, and that's what I've done.









I'm going to redraw the strip using Steve's caption and send him the art. Who says the Nickel administration lacks transparency?
Thanks again to all who entered! I'll have to think of something cool to send you all.
Maybe a full-color hi-res EEK! print of some kind?
Comments welcome.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

why not send us each a print with our caption on it?

Allen's Brain said...

Congrats, you two!

Jarrett said...

Those two were great.